Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Journey through the world.




My journey starts with pain, troubles and sadness
I look at the world and I am filled with a strong sense of emptiness
My people hunger and die like mere beasts
And innocent children are death's main feast
Social injustice, Poverty, Crime, Wars are what I am surrounded by
But we can weather this storm, yes we can... Only if we try.

I walk on, my heart roars for peace and my world thirsts to be placid
For what I behold grips my heart and I realise why my world is in need
A seed of intelligence was sown into every man and germinated to be
Evolved into war, anger, violence, chemical warfare, terrorism and captivity
Bombs, bullets, and missiles fly from end to end up in the sky
Still, we can weather this storm; yes we can...Only if we try.

My journey draws to a close and I am consoled
For in all this chaos, hunger, and turmoil, there is still a productive fold
A fold of preachers. A fold of honest, brilliant, strong hearted and determined people
People who believe in change and can be referred to as redemption's main tool
And for the first time throughout my journey, I give a happy sigh
For we can still weather this storm, yes we can...Only if we try.

I walk no more, for my journey has ended
I reflect on all I went through... things I failed and those I succeeded
I surely failed to join them though I couldn't beat them
But I surely succeeded! My success is measured by the unending echo of this joyous anthem
At last we can spread our wings and fly high
For we have the assurance that we can weather this storm, yes we can...Only if we try.

2 comments: