Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A poor heart

Make my heart poor so that I won't worry about the latest things in fashion or the 'coolest' things to say.
So that I may only bother about those things that actually matter.
I don't want to have to regret not being at a party or a barbeque get together neither do I want to worry about getting socially pressurised.
I don't want to get bothered about holidays, flashy cars, vanity and every other thing that comes after. I want to be poor at heart and care selflessly for the poor and needy.

Make my heart poor so that, I may have no other refuge but my God. I do not want to get swollen headed by any excessive wealth or riches for I want to be contented with what necessitates my survival and my God.
I want to be seen with people who have a dream and souls as gentle as that of a lamb's. I want to be poor at heart and make a difference in the lives of the many who suffer.

Make me poor at heart so that, I may spend when I have to and not when I want to. So that, I may be humble and there won't be any room for oppression.
So that, I may walk on a path that is righteous. Make me poor at heart so that I may be a servant to goodwill and live the life which seems impossible to many... A Righteous life.

No comments:

Post a Comment