Thursday, December 31, 2009

A letter to my love.


I sit here and drown myself in nostalgia
Good times we both had and all the joys we shared
You give me everything I've ever wanted and more and it seems like nothing else matters
Life is more than complete with you and my joy is immeasurable
I fear to love you because the thought of ever having to let go pushes a drill through my chest
But I take the risk... All for you.
And now, I face my biggest fear... Having to watch each passing day and knowing you are very far away
My joy and happiness gradually diminsh and like a burning candle, this light seems to wane.
My heart screams and I search the lonely corridors of my heart for something to hold on to
But it's all to no avail.
My love, My dearest, I'll always cherish you and your aura of goodness stays with me
I know the gravity of my words and I'm not afraid to use them...I love you.

Inspired by Dubem Jideonwo.

4 comments:

  1. Deji this is bloody fabulous.I got teary eyes as i read.dnt call me cheesy pls.Lucky anyone dt gets to hear this from yhu.put ur writings together.I dare the world not to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one bruv, nice one.

    ReplyDelete