Saturday, July 11, 2009

Racism


I look at myself, I am black and when I take a look at you, you are white.I look in the mirror, I am white and when I take a closer look at you, you are black yet you are still who you are and I am who I am. The colour of our skin is nothing but a colour and holds no significance. What makes us who we are, is what we speak, what we stand for...what we believe in. I dream of a day when the sky shall open it's eyes and behold men from all nations interacting together as one... What a united sight it is! In my everyday world, people are denied the opportunities to live freely because of how dark or how light skinned they are.Who has ever imagined all inhabitants of the earth having the same colour of skin...How boring! But the Almighty one...the maker of all things who does all in perfection chose to make us all in different unique ways so why don't we all accept that fact and embrace the love we should be sharing? The answers lie in your hands...Let's help ourselves to change our world.

3 comments:

  1. It's kinda great to see such serious subjects being discussed Deji...totally love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. luv luv luv...u write so well..

    ReplyDelete