Thursday, June 25, 2009

The African Promise


I look around my people and see tears streaming down the eyes of many. I look at the African child and though there may be external smiles... I see a more deep feeling inside; I turn my head in another direction and I see refugees...I see those who hunger and thirst I see my fellow men who have nothing to eat neither drink...Engulfed completely by poverty! My heart is pained and my strength begins to fail me. I feel the pain of those who beg on the streets and yet, get nothing to go home with....I feel the pain of those who get treated unjustly, those who get punished for crimes they didn't commit, those who seem to have what it takes to be there yet do not have that one person or that one thing to turn things around. Those who cry day after day and night after night those who feel they have no reason to live, no reason to live life to the fullest. Those who have never heard the true sound of laughter nor really felt the aura of joy, those who have lost hope in 'HOPE'. People who have lost everything that ever mattered to them...those who have been drained from within........I feel their pain. I look at myself and right beside me is my fellow man begging for alms under the sun; Suddenly, all my wealth,my achievements,my successes disgust me...and all I own loses it's value for I actually own nothing. I vow to all who get bruised by harsh actions,injustice,poverty,diseases......Till I can no longer think for myself, I'll keep turning the steering wheel right round...And I can't do it on my own... Almighty one, be infront of me to lead me behind me to guide me, beside me to accompany me, and within me to fill me with what I need to carry on.

3 comments:

  1. passionate. i can feel the stirrings of a social conscience; the voice for the voiceless. i can feel one who wants does not think of himself alone. God bless your pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. passionate. i can feel the stirrings of a social conscience; the voice for the voiceless. i can feel one who does not think of himself alone. God bless your pen.

    ReplyDelete