Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Your heart.My home

Tirelessly I work and endlessly I play
I sit here and drown in wonder, if this once, my dreams are here to stay
I wonder if I was still he who once could brave a fight or he who had the grace to cheer a laugh
If I could walk a million miles to prove my worth, or maybe I had lost my touch
If my mind was upright and at peace or maybe it now needed a crutch
My heart has lost its way and now stands on it's own
But I worry no longer in despair because finally, I'm coming back home

Beneath this frown is an underlying smile
One which stretches as far in comparison to the Nile
And I may moan and groan about things I cannot let go
I'm moving on from here before I totally lose all control
I try to stand on my own but I can't help it... My vision is now a blurr
And like a man washed ashore, I know not what I stand for anymore
I stand and stare as life speaks to me in the same unchanging boring tone
Thinking to myself... I know soon, I'll be home.

So my dear, as you cook and clean and look to the day I return
As you hope, pray, wish and yearn
As you dream, wish, think and reminisce,
Eagerly waiting to receive me into your impatient arms
Stop dreaming, open your eyes... I'm home.

3 comments: