Sunday, November 1, 2009

The spirit of a child


Give me the spirit of a child, so that I may argue and hold no grudge
So that I may fall in public and have no shame nor get embarassed
That spirit that would make me have nothing to hide nor dodge
So that I may do well and shamelessly scream 'Yes I passed!'


Give me that spirit of a child so that I may fall asleep wherever I please
So that I may humbly take corrections from my parents without getting angered
That spirit of a child, so that I may pray with all reverence whilst on my knees
Without having any feeling of my 'ego' being shattered


Give me the spirit of a child, so that I may run around the streets in my underwear
So that, I may have as much fun as I want to
Without having to worry about my image or any fear
That spirit, that makes me always want to try something new


Give me the spirit of a child so that I may look up yo heaven
Look at it as a place where I would have as much ice cream as my heart desires
So that I may think I'll be able to play as much games as I want even when am seventy seven
And ask as many questions as my brain fires!


4 comments:

  1. Amazing work!! i love this deji!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank God for you Sylvester! this is on point!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL...the spirit of a child is the purest spirit. Our Lord Jesus said so himself! Nice one Deji. If this blog ever stops...I would make a TRIBUTE to it bruv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. This particular post is truly beautiful. We all need to have this transparent spirit of a child.

    ReplyDelete